Quick start guides for Microsoft's Store App
First, you must choose a Master Password. The longer and more random the string of characters you use, the better.
Do not forget your Master Password. If you are using Keeper on more than one device, make sure to use the same Master Password.
To create a new record, select the + button.
Keeper uses a proprietary zero-knowledge security architecture and is the most audited and certified product on the market. Keeper protects your personal, business and client data with the privacy, security and confidentiality provisions. All information is encrypted on your device using 256-bit AES ciphers. Your information is safe and secure.
Windows Hello is a fast and secure way to sign into Keeper through facial recognition, fingerprint or pin number. To learn more about this feature, visit the Windows Hello - Keeper DNA 2FA section.
Keeper's Dynamic Search feature dynamically displays relevant records as you type. Searching works across all of the fields within your Keeper records.
After setting up an account, Keeper will ask if you want to quickly import passwords from your computer and browsers. If it is not convenient at this time to import, you can always visit the Web Vault > ...More > Import. Guides for Web Vault Import can be found here.
After selecting Next, Keeper will report websites that you can scroll though and uncheck if you don't want specific websites stored. Select Add to Keeper to import the checked websites.
To create a folder, select the + button and select New Folder. To create a SubFolder, navigate to the parent folder first, then select the + button and select New Folder.
Keeper's search feature automatically displays relevant records as you type. Dynamic searching works in all fields within each Keeper record for your convenience.
Multiple Records and folders can be moved, or have shortcuts created. Shortcuts are like alias files that can exist in two or more places, that when edited, change together. To move a single folder or record, select and drag that item to where you want. A tool tip will let you know the validity of your action.
A popup will ask you if you want to Create shortcut or Move the item. Select one to complete the transfer. To move multiple records or folders or create multiple shortcuts, use the Select button. Highlight the circles to create checkmarks next to the title of the items you want selected.
Select a button to perform a move or a shortcut.
Shortcut will create a shortcut to existing folders or you can create a new one by using the + Create button. Navigate to another folder, select on the Paste icon to set the location. Select Yes to confirm.
Move allows you to change the location of the folders or records. Select a new folder and select Paste to set the location. Select Yes to confirm.
Clear will unselect anything checkmarked.
Trash will move the folders or records to the Trash in Deleted Records.
Filter records by Folders, List, Shared Only, Recent, Favorites, Deleted. Use the pulldown menu next to Search to select a view.
While it may be easier to use the same password to login to all your favorite websites, it increases your exposure to internet fraud. Keeper's Password Generator enables you to instantly create maximum-strength, random passwords that can be placed into any field of your Keeper record. To use Keeper's Password Generator, select the Dice.
Keeper's Auto-Launch feature makes it easy to login to websites without having to leave the app. From within your selected Keeper record, select the Website Address field and choose to open the website with Keeper's built in browser or with the default OS browser.
When using Keeper's built broser, select the login or password buttons to insert the credentials.
With KeeperFill, you can autofill your login credentials and save new website info to your secure Keeper vault. The KeeperFill browser extension is available for Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
You can securely share individual records or entire folders with other Keeper users. To share a single record with another user, open the Keeper record and select the Share button, enter the emails, then choose Edit, Share or Owner permissions.
You can also create a shared folder. Shared folders allow you to share any number of records across your personal folders with one or more Keeper users. To create a shared folder:
Select the + button and select New Shared Folder.
Give the new shared folder a name.
Select the check mark to save the shared folder.
To add records and users, edit the record
While in the Records Tab, select Add Records and choose records.
Each record can have permissions, select the shield to allow Can Edit, Can Share.
To add users, select the Users Tab, then select the Email Address field to type an address or chose a user from the list.
Each user can have permissions assigned to it, Manage Users, Manage Records.
Select the check mark to save your shared folder settings.
Securely upload files such as your passport photo, secret photos, drivers license, loan docs, videos and any private file to your Keeper vault. You can also securely share your private files and documents with other Keeper users - from vault to vault. Simply select the Add Files or Photos button.
Keeper provides the ability to save and restore previous versions of your records at anytime.
To access a record's history, Select the Clock button in the record. Then select the Version you want to review. Selecting the chevron by the version will allow you to see the details of that version.
Once you review that version and want to restore it, select the check mark above the version number and then confirm the restore by selecting Yes on the popup.
Deleted records can be reviewed and restored by visiting the Deleted section in the filter menu.
To restore a deleted record, select the record to review it, back out, then select the Restore icon. Confirm the restore by selecting Yes.
If you want to delete all of records in Deleted, select the Empty Trash button at the top of the records. Confirm the Delete Forever action by selecting Yes.
Identity & Payments is the place for you to store your personal address information and your credit card numbers safely. The KeeperFill browser extension will insert credit card and identity information into the correct fields for you when you checkout of a purchase.
To have KeeperFill insert credit card information stored in Keeper, launch the website by selecting the website address in the record and Open with Browser. Make sure you are logged into the KeeperFill browser extension. Navigate to the credit card payment page and select the lock in the credit card number field. Select the card you want to use and then select the fill button to add your information to the website.
Users can change specific features like Languages, Themes, Two-Factor Authentication in the Settings menu. To access the Settings menu, select the Settings gear button at in the left-hand menu. In Settings, you can:
Set Auto-Logout Duration
Change Clipboard Expiration
Enable Fast Login Move
Enable Self Destruct
Reset your Security Question
Reset your Master Password
Change your Email Address
Delete Local Cache
Change PBKDF2 Iterations
Two-step verification provides an extra layer of security when you log into a website or application. Keeper DNA® makes two-step verification fast and simple. You can use your Windows Hello to log into your Keeper vault.
To access Keeper DNA, select the DNA logo on the left-hand side menu. Select Method to get a menu of choices: Text Message, Google and Microsoft Authenticator (TOTP), DUO Security, and RSA SecurID. RSA SecurID and DUO Security are Enterprise features that require an Enterprise or Business account.
1. Under Method, select Text Message. Select a Region (US+1 by default) and enter your 10 digit phone number that includes your area code. Select Next to continue.
2. You will see a prompt that says your Two-Factor Authentication code as been sent. Keeper then will ask to Enter your code. Enter in the Keeper code that was texted to the phone number you added. This verifies that you trust this number and device. Codes only last for a minute so if you need another code sent, select Send a new code.
3. On the same screen, answer how long do you want the Two-Factor code to be valid. Make a choice of: Save code on this device forever, Require code every 30 days, or Require code every login. Select Save to continue.
4. Backup Codes will be shown next. If you are unable to receive Two-Factor codes via that device, you can enter in one of the ones shown instead. Select I have written these codes down to finish.
5. Depending on how you answered the question "How long you want the code to be valid" will determine when and where you will need your Two-Factor code. Save code on this device forever will do just that but, if you sign in somewhere else, let's say, another phone, it will ask for your code again. Once the code is input, it will save the code on that device forever*. The same will be true of one that is requested every 30 days or every login.
1. Select Google and Microsoft Authenticator (TOTP) under Method and select Next.
2. Scan the QR barcode with your Google Authenticator or a TOTP app. Once scanned, enter in the code from your Google Auth or TOTP app to Keeper DNA for confirmation. On the same screen, answer how long do you want the Two-Factor code to be valid. Make a choice of: Save code on this device forever, Require code every 30 days, or Require code every login. Select Save to continue.
3. Backup Codes will be shown next. If you are unable to receive Two-Factor codes via that device, you can enter in one of the ones shown instead. Select I HAVE WRITTEN THESE CODES DOWN to finish.
4. Depending on how you answered the question "How long you want the code to be valid" will determine when and where you will need your Two-Factor code. Save code on this device forever will do just that but, if you sign in somewhere else, let's say, another phone, it will ask for your code again. Once the code is input, it will save the code on that device forever*. The same will be true of one that is requested every 30 days or every login.
Windows Hello is a fast and secure way to sign into Keeper through facial recognition, fingerprint or pin number. To set up this feature, go to Windows' Settings and select Accounts. Select Sign-in options and under Windows Hello select Set Up under the method you want. Not all devices are supported, see devices that will work with Windows Hello.
Once Windows Hello is setup in the OS, you must enable it in Keeper. Sign into Keeper normally, then select DNA in the left-hand menu. Under Windows Hello Login, toggle the switch to on. Keeper will ask to verify your Hello method, you can have more then one. The next time you login in, Windows Hello will ask for your method instead of the Master Password.
A record favorite is one that is marked to be quickly displayed under Favorites in the filter settings. To mark a record as a favorite, select a record and highlight the star. To see all your record favorites, select the filter menu at the top screen and choose Favorites.
Consumer support: email@example.com
Business support firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to FAQ Site https://keepersecurity.com/faq.html