This section describes how to utilize your Active Directory Group Policy Management, against Firefox Policy Templates, to deploy the Keeper Browser extension to all PCs in your organization. Please note this is a general guide.
On your domain controller, download the zip file and extract the Firefox Policy Template file to your desired location. Ex:
Navigate to the directory in which you extracted the Firefox Policy Template file and copy the firefox.admx file located within the
\policy_templates_v.(version)\windows directory to
Navigate to the directory in which you extracted the Firefox Policy Template file and copy the firefox.adml file located within the
\policy_templates_v.(version)\windows\en-US directory to
Open Group Policy Manager on your domain controller and expand out your domain -> Group Policy Objects. If you currently do not have a Group Policy created in which you want to utilize for Firefox Policies, proceed to right clicking on Group Policy Objects and create a New Policy.
2. Name the policy something relevant. Ex: "Firefox Policy”
3. Once created, right click the new policy and select Edit.
4. Expand out Firefox Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Firefox -> Extensions then Right click and Edit the “Extensions to Install”
5. Tick the Enable button, and then click the Show button.
6. Add the following text and click OK.
7. Click Apply, and then click OK
8. Now proceed to right clicking and Edit the “Prevent extensions from being disabled or removed”
9. Add the following text and click OK.
10. Click Apply, and then click OK
11. Disable the Firefox Built-In Password Manager by navigating direct within Firefox Administrative Templates Policy definitions and then Right click and edit both the Offer to save logins and Offer to save logins (default) and set to Disabled, Click Apply and then OK.
12. Exit the Group Policy Management Editor, Right Click the OU of your choice, and select Link an Existing GPO.
13. Select the “Firefox Policy” and click “OK”
For any PC within that OU, the “Firefox Policy” will automatically install the Keeper Security Browser Extension, if Firefox is installed on those PCs as well as disable Firefox's, less secure, built-in password manager and AutoFill capabilities.
On a target client device, open Firefox and navigate to about:policies to see all policies that are applied. If you applied policy settings on the local computer, policies should appear immediately.
You may need to close and reopen Firefox before the new policies appear.