Free Family License for Personal Use
This guide provides an overview of how Enterprise and Business users can create a free, Keeper Family Plan and once created, how to easily switch between their Keeper accounts.
All Keeper Enterprise users can create a free, Keeper Family Plan for up to 5 family members with unlimited devices. Once the user sets up the Family Plan, each family member receives their own vault. They can also share passwords between family members using either Shared Folders or individual record sharing.
(2) Click on your email address found in the top right corner.
(4) Enter your personal email in the "Keeper Family License for Personal Use" section and click
(5) Please logout from the Business vault on your browser by clicking on Email > Logout.
(6) Accept the invitation sent to your personal email.
(7) Follow the links to create your Keeper account. Please ensure you are logged out of your Business vault first.
(8) Select a Master Password
Select Master Password
If you follow the link sent on your desktop computer, you'll be properly routed to the same geographic data center that is associated with your Keeper Business vault. Therefore we recommend using your Desktop computer to create your personal Keeper Vault.
If you decide to use your mobile device for creating your personal vault, see the instructions below.
If you decide to create your personal account on an iOS or Android device, please take note of the "Data Center" option at the bottom of the screen:
Creating Account on Mobile
Please ensure that you are selecting the correct Data Center location. If you set up your personal Keeper account in the wrong region, you'll need to contact Keeper support to delete and re-create your account.
Data Center Location
Data Center Location Selector
After your personal account has been created, it will show up as licensed in the business vault Account settings:
Confirming License Activation
- Your linked personal account is licensed as a Keeper Family Plan account with 10GB of secure file storage and BreachWatch dark web monitoring.
- The company managing your Business vault does not have any access rights or ability to decrypt information stored in your personal vault.
- Your linked personal account will remain free on unlimited devices for as long as the business account is active.
- If you leave the business, or if the business does not renew their subscription with Keeper, you may continue to use your account for 30 days after which, it will expire and be converted to a free trial account. Contact Keeper to purchase a Family or Unlimited subscription for all of the premium features.
- If your administrator has disabled this feature, any family plans that were created previously will remain, with the current expiration date, and new family plans cannot be created.
- Your Business Admin may remove the ability to share records from the business vault to the linked personal vault.
Watch the video below to learn about linking a personal account to a business account.
Link a Personal Account from a B2B Account
Users can easily switch between their business/enterprise and personal accounts on Keeper for Web Vault, iOS and Android.
Click on your email address, then click
Switchnext to the account you would like to access. You will then be redirected to sign into that account using your Master Password.
Accountthen tap on your current account email address located at that top of your screen. Next, tap the account you would like to access. You will then be redirected to sign into that account using your Master Password.
Tap the menu icon, then tap
Account. Next, tap the dropdown arrow next to your current account email address.
Tap the account you would like to access. You will then be redirected to sign into that account using your Master Password.
Once you have logged into your Keeper account, inviting family members to join is easy and can be done from a desktop (Web Vault, Desktop App) or mobile device (iOS, Android).
Once an invited family member has created a Keeper account, records can be shared with them.
To share an individual record, click
Options > Sharing
Or, to create a Shared Folder, click on
Create New > Shared Folder
Create Shared Folder
Sharing permissions can be set at the record and folder level.