Instructions on how to provision users with SSO Connect Cloud
There are several options for onboarding users who inside an SSO-provisioned node:
- If your identity provider supports Automated Provisioning (using the SCIM protocol), users will be automatically provisioned with a Keeper Vault.
- Users who are provisioned through SCIM can simply type in their Email Address on the Vault Login screen and they will be automatically directed to the IdP login screen to complete the sign-in.
- After authentication to the IdP, the user will instantly be logged into their Vault on their first device. Subsequent devices will require Device Approval.
If Just-In-Time (JIT) provisioning is activated on your SSO configuration, there are a few ways that users can access their vault:
(1) Direct your users to the identity provider dashboard to click on the Keeper icon (IdP-initiated Login).
(2) Provide users with a hyperlink to the Keeper application within the identity provider (see your IdP Application configuration screen for the correct URL).
(3) Send users to the Keeper Vault to click on "Enterprise SSO Login" using the "Enterprise Domain" that you configured in Keeper.
Enterprise Domain Login
(4) Hyperlink users directly to the Enterprise Domain login screen on Keeper using the below format:
- Replace <domain> with the endpoint of the data center where your Keeper tenant is hosted. This can be one of the following:
- Replace <name> with the name of the Enterprise Domain that has been assigned in the Admin Console.
If you prefer to manually invite users from the Admin Console instead of using Just-In-Time provisioning, follow these steps:
- Login to the Keeper Admin Console
- Open the node which is configured with your identity provider
- Click on "Add Users" to invite the user manually.
- User can then simply type in their email from the Vault login screen to sign in.
Note: Additional customization of the Email Invitation including graphics and content can be made by visiting the "Configuration" screen of the Admin Console.
Users created in the root node (top level) will need to be migrated to the sub node that the SSO integration was configured on. If users remain in the root node, they will be prompted for the master password when accessing the vault and/or admin console.
After the user is moved to the SSO enabled node, they need to log into the Keeper vault initially by selecting the "Enterprise SSO" pull down and inputting in the Enterprise Domain configured on the SSO integration. The user may get prompted to confirm by entering in the master password.
Initially select 'Enterprise SSO Login'
Once the user has authenticated with SSO, they only need to use their email address moving forward to initiate SSO authentication.
They won't have to enter the Enterprise Domain.