Comment on page
JSON Policy Deployment - Chrome
Deploying KeeperFill via JSON Policy
- 1.If you currently do not have JSON Policy files created in which you want to utilize to deploy the Keeper Browser extension to all PCs in your organization, please proceed to creating your Keeper JSON policy file to your desired location, Ex: /tmp, and name it keeperbe.json
Creating keeperbe.json file via Linux GUI
OR create your keeperbe.json file via command-line
2. In your preferred JSON file editor or basic file editor, copy, paste and save the contents, below, into the keeperbe.json file or the policy file in which you currently utilize for your organization.
If you currently have configuration folders setup for the user PCs in your organization, proceed to Step 3: Deploying the Keeper JSON Policy File.
On each PC, in your organization, that you would like to apply this policy on, you’ll need at least one folder to apply this policy.
- 1.If it does not already exist, create the directory structure, verbatim, as follows;
/etc/opt/chrome/policies/managedand set the proper permissions for that directory.
Creating managed policy directory via Linux GUI
OR create your directory structure via command-line
chmod -w /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed
The creation of this directory will most likely NOT be in the same directory as where Chrome is installed on the target Linux devices. Ex: My Chrome installed directory is /opt/google/chrome but my managed policy directory, in which my organization manages my Chrome install, is in the /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed directory.
Use your preferred method (utility or script) to push the keeperbe.json policy file and Chrome Browser to the target Linux devices in your organization.
- Push the keeperbe.json file to the
/etc/opt/chrome/policies/manageddirectory on all target Linux devices in your network.
- Confirm that the files are in the correct directories on all the target Linux devices.
On a target client device, open Google Chrome and navigate to chrome://policy to see all policies that are applied.
Successful KeeperFill Chrome Forced Install
You may need to select "Reload Policies" to apply this new policy to the target Linux devices.
Reload Chrome Policies
You may need to close and reopen Google Chrome before the new policies appear.