Comment on page
Microsoft Intune Policy Deployment - Chrome
Deploying Custom Configuration Profiles using Microsoft Intune
This is a general overview of how to deploy Google Chrome .plist configuration profile, to computers within your organization, using Microsoft Intune.
- 2.Select Devices > Configuration profiles > Create profile.
- 3.Enter the following properties:
- Platform: Select macOS
- Profile: Select Preference file.
- 4.Select Create.
5. In Basics, enter the following properties:
- Name: Enter a descriptive name for the policy. Name your policies so you can easily identify them later. For example, a good policy name is macOS: Add preference file that configures Google Chrome on devices.
- Description: Enter a description for the policy. This setting is optional, but recommended.
6. Select Next.
7. In Configuration settings, configure your settings:
- Preference domain name: Enter the bundle ID as
- Property list file: Select the property list file associated with your app. Be sure to choose the com.google.Chrome.plist file previously created.
The key information in the property list file is shown. If you need to change the key information, open the list file in another editor, and then re-upload the file in Intune.
Note: Be sure your file is formatted correctly. The file should only have key value pairs, and shouldn't be wrapped in
<xml>tags. If the PLIST file contains formatting errors, follow the PLIST (.plist) Policy Deployment instructions to remediate the issue.
8. Select Next.
9. In Scope tags (optional), assign a tag to filter the profile to specific IT groups, such as
US-IL IT Teamor
Chicago_ITDepartment. For more information about scope tags, see Use RBAC and scope tags for distributed IT.
10. Select Next.
12. Select Next.
13. In Review + create, review your settings. When you select Create, your changes are saved, and the profile is assigned. The policy is also shown in the profiles list.
- 1.Select Devices > Configuration profiles. All the profiles are listed.
- 2.Select the profile you want to assign > Properties > Assignments > Edit:
- 3.Select Included groups or Excluded groups, and then choose Select groups to include. When you select your groups, you're choosing an Azure AD group. To select multiple groups, hold down the Ctrl key, and select your groups.
- 4.Select Review + Save. This step doesn't assign your profile.
- 5.Select Save. When you save, your profile is assigned. Your groups will receive your profile settings when the devices check in with the Intune service.
Include or exclude users and groups when assigning or deploying a profile in Microsoft Intune and Endpoint Manager.
When you create or update a profile, you can also add scope tags and applicability rules to the profile.