Deletion or Isolation of Managed Companies
A single user or group of users can be removed from the platform by deleting the users within the managed company's admin panel.
NOTE! The users vault will be deleted along with their account. If the user wishes to retain their records / vault data, it must be exported prior to account deletion. Personal vaults / Family Plan vaults are not affected.
- 1."Launch" onto the Admin Console of the MC containing the user to be deleted.
2. Navigate to the admin panel and click the edit icon next to the user you wish to delete. From the "User Actions" menu, select Delete User.
Once a user is deleted, beginning the following day that user will not be counted toward the MC's daily license count.
Use the following procedure to delete all user vaults, data and the managed company:
- 1."Launch" the Administration Console of the MC to be deleted.
- 2.Navigate to the admin panel and delete all users. You can select all users at once via the "User Checkbox" as seen below.
- 3.Close out of the MC's Administration Console and return to MSP Console.
- 4.Delete the MC from with the Managed Companies screen.
Select all users at once for deletion
Deletion of Managed Company
Use the following procedure to isolate a managed company into a standalone trial instance. Instance structure and vaults are retained. This assumes the client wants to continue using the product as a "Keeper direct" customer.
NOTE! At least one user must be assigned to the MC's "Keeper Administrator" role prior to MC deletion. Failure to do so will result in permanent Administration Console lockout
- 1."Launch" into the Administration Console of the MC to be isolated.
- 2.Navigate to the Admin Panel -> Roles and insure at least one, preferably two active user belong to the "Keeper Administrator" role. Failure to do so will result in permanent Administration Console lockout. The first used added to admin role will become the principal admin/ owner of the instance.
- 3.Close out any open MC's Administration Consoles and return to MSP Console.
- 4.Delete the MC from within the managed company's panel.
Two users within "Keeper Administrator" role
Users within an MC's can be migrated to another MSP. This involves deleting the Managed Company container yet retaining the users vaults. Once the container is deleted, the users can be invited to a new Managed Company. Contact Keeper Security Support for assistance with container deletion.