How to create and manage new types of records in your Vault
A Keeper Record Type is a structured template that can contain any type of information such as logins, payment cards, bank accounts, and many more. There are several out-of-the-box record types available for users.
Introducing Record Types
Below are the list of available record types for all consumer and business customers. Note that business customers might restrict the use
On any record created as a new Record Type, there are several new "Custom Field" types available that can be added to any record.
Available Custom Fields
- URL (website address) used for Autofill
- Security Question & Answer
- Multi-line Text
- Address (new or linked)
- Pin Code (4-digit numeric)
- Phone Number
- Payment Card (new or linked)
- Hidden Field
Keeper Admins can create custom types that fit the needs of your organization. Custom types can be created for all users, or users within specific roles. If you are not seeing a particular record type, or if you would like to have a new type of record, please ask your Keeper Administrator.
Record Types can be shared to other users, either direct sharing or within a Shared Folder, just like any other record. This now includes Payment Cards and Contact record types.
To create Payment Cards that can be shared to other users, click on Create New > Record > then select the Payment Card type.
- The "General" record type is Keeper's legacy record version.
- A newly created record can be converted between types, however "legacy" records created prior to the launch of Record Types cannot be converted to a Record Type yet.
- The new Custom Field types can only be added to new Record Type records.
- Converting existing records to Login record type is planned for a later release.