Comment on page
This end-user guide was created for Enterprise customers who login to Keeper using a Master Password.
Welcome to Keeper for Enterprise End Users
Keeper is simple to install, easy to use and you’ll be up and running in just minutes.
To create your Keeper account, click the Set Up Your Account Now button located in the email invitation sent by your Keeper Administrator.
Keeper Email Invitation
Next, you will be asked to create a Master Password. It's important you choose a strong Master Password this only used for Keeper. This will be the only password you have to remember.
Create a Master Password
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to your vault by requiring a second passcode upon logging in. Some 2FA methods like Duo or RSA, require admin configuration. Others, like the Google or Microsoft Authenticator Apps, can be set up by individual end-users.
Click the Account Dropdown Menu (your email address) then click Settings > Security to enable 2FA for your vault.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Two-Factor Authentication Methods
To begin the import process, click the Account Dropdown Menu (your email address), then click Settings > Import.
Import Your Passwords
Download the Keeper Desktop and Mobile Apps to access your Keeper Vault from any platform and use it for native applications across all of your devices.
- PC, Mac and Linux desktops
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and IE11 Web Browsers
- iOS (iPhone & iPad)
- Android (Phones & Tablets)
Keeper Download Page
Your passwords, databases, SSH keys, bank accounts and other sensitive data are saved in your private digital Keeper Vault (as "Records") and are encrypted on your device using 256-bit AES.
To begin, click + Create New > Record.
- Enter a name for the Record and click Next
- Enter the Login (Username or Email)
- Enter the Website Address
- Click Save to finish
Create a Record
Keeper's Browser Extension called KeeperFill, autofills your logins and passwords into websites and apps. To download KeeperFill for your browser, visit Keeper's Download page. KeeperFill is available for every web browser.
KeeperFill Browser Extension
When you log into your vault for a second time, you'll be prompted to set up a 24-word recovery phrase. If you forget your Master Password, this feature will help you quickly regain access.
Once your recovery phrase has been generated, be sure to store it in a safe place. For added convenience, you will be given the option to copy or download it.
If Account Recovery is not available, your Keeper Administrator may be able to transfer your vault to another Keeper account.
Account Recovery Phrase Set Up
Keeper Business and Enterprise users can create a free, Keeper Family Plan for up to 5 family members with unlimited devices. Once the user sets up the Family Plan, each family member receives their own vault. They can also share passwords between family members using either Shared Folders or individual record sharing.
- 1.Log in to your Keeper Business or Enterprise Web or Desktop Vault.
- 2.Click on your email address in the upper-right corner.
- 3.Select Account from the dropdown menu.
- 4.Enter your personal email in the "Keeper Family License for Personal Use" section.
- 5.Click Send Email.
- 6.This will create a separate, non-enterprise managed vault which will be associated with your personal email address.
This vault is intended for personal use only. All business-related credentials must be stored within your company issued vault.
Create Personal Account
Keeper provides several methods of importing data into the vault. Each method is fully documented with screenshots and example data. (1) Import from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Safari and Opera using the Web Vault https://docs.keeper.io/user-guides/import-records-1/import-from-chrome-firefox-ie-edge-and-opera
(2) Import from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Safari and Opera using the Desktop App From the Desktop App, simply click on Settings > Import > click "Import" to begin the import process.
(7) Import from Dashlane https://docs.keeper.io/user-guides/import-records-1/import-from-dashlane (8) Import from Encrypted KeePass (.kdbx) Files https://docs.keeper.io/user-guides/import-records-1/import-from-keepass-kdbx
Keeper iOS Overview
Keeper Android Overview
Autofill with KeeperFill
For additional information, please see our comprehensive library of end-user guides in the left column of this page.